Food for Thought

We are 2 best friends and amateur chefs, on either side of an ocean, with a common love for all things food. This blog will chronicle our respective food journeys, recipes, tips and tricks, links, ideas and basically anything else to do with food on both sides of The World - showing how they are influenced by our countries and each other.

Friday 17 June 2011

Masterchef

Hi everyone!

No recipe tonight I'm afraid, a little busy. Tomorrow I will be cooking at the Good Food Live show in Birmingham in front of thousands of people - doing the Masterchef Challenge. Quite a big deal!

My dish is Chicken Kiev, Peas and Chips. Well that's what its loosely based on, its a modern and deconstructed version of it - A twice cooked Chicken Breast, Parmesan and Thyme Ciabatta Crumb (not on the chicken!), Garlic and Tarragon Sauce, Sweet Pea Puree and Fondant Potato 'Chips'. I've tested it before, last run is tonight and then tomorrow its showtime.

My good friends Adam and Jo are coming to support me, as is my eldest daughter Rhianwen who was my inspiration to start cooking in the first place.

I'll let you all know how it goes, but right now I am off to practise my skills ready for John Torode and Gregg Wallace!

Be well friends, and good eating
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment