Food for Thought

We are 2 best friends and amateur chefs, on either side of an ocean, with a common love for all things food. This blog will chronicle our respective food journeys, recipes, tips and tricks, links, ideas and basically anything else to do with food on both sides of The World - showing how they are influenced by our countries and each other.

Wednesday 23 February 2011

Getting there...

Hi from not so sunny Wales!

Since I ride a motorbike, the ride home today was not great. Windy, dull, just generally un-fun. So what better way to warm up than with a nice curry for tea?


I made this little lot. On the right we have marinated paneer with chilli, ginger and some hot spices. The curry itself is a Chicken thigh Pasanda which I made more interesting with flaked almonds, raisins, cashew nuts and baby corn. The rice is my own recipe Pilaff, a take on a Kashmiri recipe with saffron, whole spices, Dried Figs and Apricots. I'm afraid the Naan breads are from Tesco.

Would appreciate any comments, suggestions, discussion, anything goes on our blog the more feedback the better. When we start updating the recipe section I will of course pop these in for anyone interested, but as you know we are still getting up and running right now.

All the best everyone!

Tony

4 comments:

  1. Oh and when I say more interesting, I mean because I don't generally like my curries this mild. My beautiful wife Sam requested it. You can look forward to some MUCH hotter dishes in the future, rest assured friends!

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this may be a theme, if there is one thing we both love, its spicy food!

    Ant

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds lovely but less of the "altered" fruit next time :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a fan? I quite like it in some things. I love figs too but dried figs have a nice sticky texture for the rice. Not thought to try it with fresh, maybe that could be a tester for me soon?

    Tony

    ReplyDelete