Food for Thought

We are 2 best friends and amateur chefs, on either side of an ocean, with a common love for all things food. This blog will chronicle our respective food journeys, recipes, tips and tricks, links, ideas and basically anything else to do with food on both sides of The World - showing how they are influenced by our countries and each other.

Sunday 27 February 2011

Morning Glory!

Morning folks!

I got up relatively early for a Sunday morning today. The reason? On my way back from playing snooker with friends last night I decided I would make the girls a good fry up to wake up to. I think they enjoyed it...



Delicious bacon, fried potatoes, fried bread, mushrooms cooked with garlic pepper, beans (yuck, not a fan myself) and their favourite Daddy's special scrambled eggs. Both girls go mad for it, especially the youngest its her favourite food in the world! Not exactly difficult things to cook but a good test as to how far I have come as a cook. I attempted this a few years ago before I really started cooking and ended up completely ballsing it up, to the point it was inedible because I couldn't time everything and I lost it. This one turned out well so I'd say I have improved! As you can see, they enjoyed it anyway. Nothing makes me happier than watching my wife and kids enjoying something I created, even if its simple like breakfast it makes me smile inside like nothing else.

I'll post again later as the eldest is assisting me in making lamb honey and cumin burgers! She loves to cook with me and loves learning about ingredients so I'm encouraging her as much as I can, cooking is a great hobby that brings people together. I'll let you know how chef Rhianwen's (4 years old) turn out!

Happy Sunday everyone

Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment